XBRL International has elected Arleen Thomas as chair of the International Steering Committee (ISC) for 2011.
Thomas is currently the member competency and development senior vice president for the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
Deloitte Netherlands director David van den Ende has been appointed as second vice chair representing at-large members.
Another five at-large members have also been appointed to the committee including:
- Li Dan of the Chinese Ministry of Finance;
- John Turner of CoreFiling;
- Caetano Nobre of MZ Consult;
- Shiping Liu of Global Business Intelligence Consulting Corporation; and
- Avinash Chander from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Thomas said the role of the ISC is a critical component of the governance of XII and as a voice for members.
“I am convinced that XBRL will continue to transform processes within the business reporting supply chain,” he added.