Eric Hespenheide was appointed interim chief executive of the Global Reporting Initiative, following Michael Meehan’s decision to leave the organisation.
Previously Hespenheide was chair of the Global Sustainability Standards Board (GSSB), an independent operating entity under the auspices of GRI whose responsibility is to set globally accepted standards for sustainability reporting. Prior to that Hespenheide was a partner at Deloitte USA.
Teresa Fogelberg, who leads the GRI’s strategic work on policy, international relations and sustainable development, will continue as Deputy Chief Executive.
Hespenheide said: “As interim chief executive, my focus will be to demonstrate the value of sustainability reporting to stimulate an increase in the quality and use of this information for strategic decision making across organizations worldwide.”
BDO global head of IFRS joins IFRS interpretation committee
BDO global head of IFRS Andrew Buchanan has joined the IFRS interpretations committee for a three year term.
Buchanan was first appointed in 2013 when the IFRS foundation announced that it would broaden the number of accountancy firms represented on the interpretation committee and established an extra seat. At the time two people were appointed to fill the seat on a rotational basis for three years: Buchanan and Grant Thornton executive director of international financial reporting Andrew Watchman who filled the seat from July 2013 to April 2016.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Current members of the IFRS Interpretation Committee are:
- Wayne Upton Non-voting Chairman, IFRS Interpretations Committee International Director, IASB
- Tony de Bell United Kingdom Global Accounting Consulting Services Leadership Team, PwC
- Andrew Buchanan United Kingdom Global Head of IFRS, BDO International Limited
- Reinhard Dotzlaw Canada Global IFRS Panel, KPMG
- Carl Douglas Brazil Corporate Controller, CCR Group
- Bonnie Van Etten United States NAFTA Chief Accounting Officer, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
- Mikael Hagstram Sweden Senior Vice President & Head of Corporate Financial Reporting, AB Volvo
- Jongsoo Han Korea Member of the Korea Accounting Standards Board (KASB)
- Bruce Mackenzie South Africa Managing Director, W Consulting International
- John O'Grady Australia Asia Pacific Professional Practice Director, Ernst & Young
- Bertrand Perrin France Director, Accounting Standards & Special Projects, Vivendi
- Sandra Peters United States Head of Global Financial Reporting Policy, CFA Institute
- Dr Martin Schloemer Germany Head of Accounting Principles and Policies, Bayer AG
- Robert Uhl United States Global IFRS Leadership Team, Deloitte & Touche LLP
- Yang Zheng China Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, China Life Insurance Company