A global search has begun for highly qualified individuals to fill volunteer positions on three international standard-setting boards:
- International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB)
- International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA)
- International Public Sector Accounting Standards Board (IPSASB)
We are seeking accomplished professionals from a variety of backgrounds and expertise, including:
- Institutional investors and analysts, audit committee members, corporate governance professionals and other users of audited financial statements or assurance reports;
- Regulators and audit inspectors who have experience in financial reporting matters;
- Preparers of financial reports, including ministries of finance and treasury departments, and international organizations;
- Policy makers; and
- Standard setters.
Successful candidates will serve for an initial term of up to three years commencing January 1, 2022. Relevant subject-matter knowledge and fluency in English are important. Financial support to cover costs for attending meetings is available for qualified candidates and public members.
Gender equality is especially important, and nominations of female candidates are strongly encouraged. Although candidates are ultimately selected based on professional background and experience, nominations from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are particularly welcome to promote greater diversity on each board.
To learn more about these opportunities, please review the Standard Setting Boards’ Call for Nominations (https://www.international-standards.org/about/join-international-standard-setting-board) and apply by February 15, 2021.