The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) has elected Michael Peppers as chairman of the global board of directors for a one year term.
Peppers is currently overseeing the internal audit functions of the University of Texas System. Prior to his work in internal audit, he was a senior auditor at PwC.
The other members of the IIA’s 2017–18 global board are as follows:
- Senior vice chairman: Naohiro Mouri AIG Japan chief auditor;
- vice chairman, finance: Michael Joyce, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association USA vice president, chief auditor & compliance officer;
- vice chairman, global services: Karaem Toufic Obeid, Tawazun Economic Council UAE chief audit executive;
- vice Chairman, professional certifications: Charlotta Lofstrand Hjelm, LFAB, Lansforsakringar AB Sweden chief internal auditor;
- ice Chairman, professional guidance: Charles T. Wright, enterprise risk solutions USA director;
- vice Chairman, professional practices: Jenitha John, FirstRand Bank South Africa chief audit executive;
- vice Chairman, research: Michael J. Fucilli , Metropolitan Transportation Authority USA auditor general;
- past chairman of the board: Lawrence J. Harrington Raytheon, Raytheon Company USA vice president internal audit;
- past chairman of the board: Angela Witzany, Sparkassen Versicherung AG Austria head of internal audit.