The International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants (IESBA) has appointed Caroline Lee as its deputy chair for 2021, along with four new board members, effective 1 January 2021.
Lee has over 30 years of experience in the public accountancy profession and is a partner at KPMG and Asia Pacific head of quality & risk management. She is also a member of the Singapore Public Accountants Oversight Committee’s Ethics Committee.
IESBA chair Stavros Thomadakis said: “Ms. Lee has shown an unwavering commitment to the IESBA and to the development of international standards in the public interest. I value her insights, expertise and strategic thinking. I look forward to working together with Caroline in her new role. I also want to thank our departing Deputy Chair Richard Fleck, who has been my close associate and friend and who has contributed decisively and generously to IESBA’s most ambitious projects such as NOCLAR, Long Association, Role and Mindset, and Non-Assurance services.”
The four board new board members are:
- Saadiya Adam (Senior Professional Manager: Standards, Independent Regulatory Board for Auditors (IRBA), South Africa)
- Vania Borgerth (Retired accountant and a PhD Candidate in Accountancy, Fucape Business School, Brazil)
- Sung-Nam Kim (Non-partner advisor, EY Korea, Korea)
- Yaoshu Wu (Director of Professional Standards and Technical Guidance Dept., the Chinese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (CICPA), China)
Three current board members will continue in their role for a second term:
- Brian Friedrich (Principal, friedrich & friedrich corp., Canada)
- Winifred Kiryabwire (Associate Professor of Law, Makerere University, Uganda)
- Jens Poll (Audit Committee Chair, Non-Executive/Supervisory Board Member, Germany)