The International Auditing and Accounting Standards Board has appointed Len Jui as its deputy chair for 2021. Jui has served as an IAASB member since 2017 and is a partner at KPMG China and serves as the head of public policy and regulatory affairs.
The new board members are:
- Edo Kienhuis (partner, PwC, the Netherlands, nominated by Forum of Firms)
- Diane Larsen (deputy to the global quality enablement leader, EY, USA, nominated by Forum of Firms)
- Wendy Stevens (partner, National Practice Leader, Quality & Risk Management, Mazars, USA, nominated by the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants)
Reappointed board members:
- Chun Wee Chiew (regional head of policy ASEAN ANZ for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Singapore, nominated by ACCA)
- Kai-Uwe Marten (director of the institute of accounting and auditing at the University of Ulm, Germany, nominated by Institut der Wirtschaftsprüfer and Wirtschaftsprüferkammer in Germany)
- Fernando Ruiz Monroy (regional assurance risk management partner, EY, Mexico, nominated by Instituto Mexicano de Contadores Públicos, A.C., in Mexico)
- Isabelle Tracq-Sengeissen (Audit partner, EY, France, nominated by Compagnie Nationale des Commissaires aux Comptes and Conseil Supérieur de l'Ordre des Experts-Comptables in France)
IAASB chair Tom Seidenstein said: “It is a pleasure to welcome all the new members to the IAASB and congratulate re-appointed members. The work of our volunteers is crucial to the global financial architecture, especially during these challenging times. I am eager to bring these talented professionals and their fresh perspectives into our work, and I look forward to what we will collectively accomplish.
“I am also extremely pleased that Len Jui will begin serving as deputy chair of the Board. Len has a long history of working and volunteering for the public good, having previously served as associate chief accountant at the US Securities and Exchange Commission, a Technical Advisor on the IAASB and as an International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) representative member on the IAASB’s and International Ethics Standards Board for Accountants’ Consultative Advisory Groups. I want to also thank Robert Dohrer, Rich Sharko and in particular, Fiona Campbell, our current deputy chair, as they depart from our Board. Their insight, their talent, and their tireless dedication to the public good has left a lasting legacy.”