CFOs launch Canadian Chapter of the Prince of Wales’s Accounting for Sustainability CFO Leadership Network
Canadian CFOs have launched their national chapter of the Prince of Wales’s Accounting for Sustainability (A4S) CFO Leadership Network.
The initiative focuses on the role of CFOs to integrate environmental and social issues into financial decision making to enable sustainable approaches to become normal practice.
The Canadian Chapter will be run in partnership with Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and is supported by The Prince's Charities Canada.
Jessica Fries, A4S executive chairman, said: “CFOs play a key role in setting the strategic agenda, measuring progress, and of course deciding what gets financed and what does not. As such, they have a vital role to play in the development and adoption of sustainable approaches, finding ways to align commercial objectives with environmental and social risk and opportunity.”
The CFO Leadership Network Canadian members are:
• Lawrence Davis, British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
• Brian Lawson, Brookfield Asset Management
• Patrice Impey, City of Vancouver
• Bruce West, The Co-operators Group Ltd
• Steve Roder, Manulife
• Robert Siddall, Metrolinx
• Jonathan Simmons, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
• Pamela Steer, Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
Benita Warmbold will join the Network as co-chair in June 2017, following her retirement as CFO of the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB).