The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Consejo General Economists Spain (CGE) have signed an MoU to promote, develop and prepare joint training programmes with an international focus for accountancy and finance professionals with the aim of increasing employment opportunities of professionals from both organisations.
The MOU covers:
- Promotion, development and preparation of joint training programmes for professionals in the field of accounting and financial areas, with an international focus;
- Development of employment opportunities of professionals from both organisations;
- The exploration and creation of joint professional and collaborative networks, promoting professional exchanges between organisations and their members;
- Collaboration for research and conferences, alongside content on social networks to promote and raise awareness about the professional training of members;
- Exploring reciprocal access to the respective professional accreditations of both organisations, with professional training offered to members to achieve mutual recognition of qualifications and possible exemptions.
ACCA executive director, markets, Soo Yee Leong said: “Both organisations’ members are working in an increasingly globalised world, with the professional skills of accountants and economists in demand, especially for auditing, accounting, financial planning, tax compliance, restructuring and employment guidance. So we’re delighted to have signed this agreement and look forward to our ongoing work together.”
CGE chair Valentin Pich said: “As we manage the economic and financial impacts of Covid-19, there is a need for professional advice and counsel from accountants and economists, at national and international levels. Our MOU will help to meet this need and it also formalises our previous joint collaborations, aligning our work around a set of common professional interests reflected in this agreement.”