The Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA) has enhanced its education offering with a programme of ‘roll-on, roll-off’ units in partnership with the Awards for Training and Higher Education (ATHE), a global awarding organisation regulated by Ofqual.
Delivered under the IFA Direct brand, the programme allows learners to gain a practising certificate and/ or attain IFA membership.
The new programme retains an online learning environment, tutorial support and verifiable CPD points. The additions to the programme include:
- a greater SME focus: it is ideal for accountants who specifically operate in an SME environment. This makes the learning more relevant to the size, scale and type of business that accountants are working with;
- current learning content: led by industry experts, the content is adapted to incorporate topical examples, supporting learners to tackle current business challenges, and ensure their focus is on practical application and not just theoretical learning;
- ‘roll-on, roll-off’ flexibility: each learner can study how they want, when they want, without waiting for a specific enrolment date. This also allows them to move seamlessly from one unit to another and does not require them to run in line with the normal academic schedule;
- portability of learning: each unit has transferable credits towards further education e.g. a top-up degree;
- unit by unit learning: each learner can tailor their programme to their own learning needs, focusing on areas where they need to acquire more knowledge.
IFA education manager Susan Divall said: “SME accountancy practitioners have always valued the benefits of learning through IFA direct, and we are delighted to build on that reputation with additional benefits to make the programme even more flexible and affordable. The units have been specifically designed to have a focus on practice in SME environments, and to make the learning scalable to the accountant’s needs. Our partnership with ATHE also provides greater international capabilities, so we can invite more of our international learners on board as well.”
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData